Great Clips West Coast Moto Jam PIT NOTES
NEWS May 2, 2012
Photo by Brian J. Nelson
Courtesy of Infineon Raceway:
SONOMA, Calif. (May 1, 2012) - Following are some notes of interest entering the Great Clips West Coast Moto Jam, May 4-6, at Infineon Raceway:
• Mat Mladin (Suzuki) holds the record for the most Sonoma SuperBike victories with nine (1999, 2003 doubleheader, 2004, 2005 doubleheader, 2007 doubleheader, 2009).
• Elena Myers (Discovery Bay) became the first female in history to win an AMA Pro Road Race when she won in Sonoma in 2010 (Motorcycle-Superstore.com SuperSport).
• Ducati has not won a SuperBike event in Sonoma since 1978. Kawasaki has not won a Superbike event in Sonoma since 1993.
• Yamaha has six SuperBike victories in Sonoma, four by Josh Hayes.
• Josh Hayes (Yamaha) has won four of the last six SuperBike main events at Infineon Raceway.
• Suzuki has won the most SuperBike titles in Sonoma with 19. It is followed by: Honda (10), Yamaha (6), Kawasaki (3) and Ducati (2).
• Miguel Duhamel has won both the SuperBike and SuperSport events on the same weekend a record three times (1993, 1995, 1998) in Sonoma.
• Nicky Hayden (1999) and Josh Hayes (2007) are the only two riders to win SuperSport and Formula Xtreme in the same weekend in Sonoma.
• Rich Oliver is the only rider to win four straight years in Sonoma. He won in the 250 Grand Prix class from 1994-97.
• Suzuki won every Superstock main event in Sonoma but three (1993, 2003-04).
• Honda is the top manufacturer in SuperSport in Sonoma with eight wins.
• Miguel Duhamel and Mat Mladin are tied for most career Sonoma AMA Pro wins with nine (Duhamel — five SuperBike, three SuperSport, one Formula Xtreme; Mladin — all in SuperBike).
• Honda and Suzuki have combined to win 16 of the last 20 SuperBike main events in Sonoma dating back to 2002. Suzuki has 13 wins and Honda three.
• Jason Pridmore holds the career record in Sonoma for Superstock wins (three), Miguel Duhamel in SuperSport (three) and Eric Bostrom in Formula Xtreme (two).
• Shawn Higbee made history in 2010, winning first-ever zero-carbon motorcycle race on American soil (Zero Motorcycle-Agni).
Great Clips West Coast Moto Jam
WHAT: Big O Tires Racing Season Presents: Great Clips West Coast Moto Jam
WHEN: May 4-6
ABOUT THE WEEKEND: In addition to AMA Pro Racing, there will be Supermoto USA, and the TTXGP North America electric motorcycle series.
TICKETS: $35 single day/$55 weekend in advance; kids 12-and-under FREE and parking FREE. Military discounts available.
INFO: 800-870-RACE (7223), infineonraceway.com/ama, ticketmaster.com
blog comments powered by Disqus